Thursday, May 17, 2012

Oh What a Beautiful Morning . . . .

Yep, the mornings have been BEAUTIFUL here in Missouri lately.  We are having just PERFECT weather.  Lows in the 50s, highs around 80.  I would take 365 days just like these. 

But you know what . . . I need to smile on the days when it is 100 degrees too.  And on the days when it is 10 degrees.

God sends every day.  Some days are nice and sunny.  Some days are stormy and rainy.  Some days are cold and snowy. 

But the Lord sent every one of those days.  And I think He wants us to be happy no matter what the weather.  No matter what kind of day we have at work.  No matter what is going on in our lives.

The Word tells us in John 10:10 that He came so that we might have life, and that more abundantly.  I think abundantly means He wants us to enjoy every single day.

Sometimes we have bad things happen during the day.  (Our dog ate rat poison yesterday.  What's up with that??)  Sometimes we don't feel good.  Sometimes we are STRESSED OUT.

But that doesn't mean we can't keep our trust in the Lord and be happy even when things aren't going our way.

Don't you think the Lord wants us to enjoy our life???  I sure do!!  So get out there and shake off whatever it is that keeps you from enjoying every single day.

Stop waiting on (INSERT WHATEVER) to happen.  Stop waiting for more money, a different house, the kids to grow up, your retirement.  DO IT NOW!!  And I'm saying this to myself as much as to you, 'cause sometimes we all need to be reminded just how blessed we really are. 

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???  BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Since going through a battle against powerful people at my work, working lesser hours and as I had truly feel so blessed to be able to work part time for many years, I'm so grateful that with even more time on my hands, the Lord had turned their evil plans to my advantage. I treasure the joy found from those simplest things. I agree, no matter the weather, that's what He wants...is for us to know that we can truly feel safe and secure when we draw near to Him. He is faithful and our true Refuge. God bless.

    ReplyDelete