Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Hands to the Heavens


One of my FAVORITE contemporary Christian songs -- "Hands to the Heavens" by Kari Jobe.

We are your church
We are your sons and daughters
We've gathered here to meet with you
We lift our eyes
We lay our hearts before you
Expectant here for you to move
With our hands to the heaven alive
In your presence oh God
When you come
So pour out your spirit
We love to be near you oh God
When you come
You are the way
The truth and the life we live for
Oh how we long to know you more
Come like a rushing wind
Come light the fire again
Come like a burning flame
Have your way
Have your way


I am challenged to truly embrace the words of this song.  I want to lift my eyes to Him.  I want to lay my heart before God and EXPECT Him to move.  Yes, not just hope He moves, but expect Him to move.

When Elijah prayed for the fire to fall from heaven, I don't believe he doubted for one SECOND that God would answer his prayer.  (Read I Kings Chapter 18)  He KNEW that God was going to show up in a big way, and HE did!

In Acts Chapter 3, when Peter said to the lame man at the Beautiful Gate "Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk" there was no hesitation, because He trusted God completely.

Oh, for a faith like that.

So today I say to God "Come like a rushing wind, come light the fire again, come like a burning flame, HAVE YOUR WAY, HAVE YOUR WAY!"

That should be the desire of everyone who calls Him Lord.  For Him to have His way.

2 comments:

  1. Hello. Do you know Rend Collective - they are a great band (here is one of my favourite songs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbdJXKqVgtg) singing wonderful songs for God.
    I love your story about knitting an ear warmer. I am a beginner knitter too, but I only manage wobbley blankets for a cat charity in Spain!

    ReplyDelete