Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Enough



Our Pastor preached a great message this past Sunday morning.  The title of his Sermon was "Enough." 

The text for the message was Matthew 10:25   "It is enough for a disciple that he be like his teacher."  

Yeah, I get that.  We're to be like Jesus.  But which Jesus do we want to be like?

It's easy to want to be like the victorious Jesus.  We can get behind "every knee will bow every tongue will confess" Jesus.  We can get behind the Jesus of the Book of Revelation.  Victorious.   Ruling and reigning forever.  Yep, that's the Jesus I want to be like.

But Jesus said "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."  (Luke 23:34)  Can I do that?

Jesus spent time with the unlovable, the unpopular, the sick, the demon possessed.  What about being like that Jesus?

Jesus associated with tax collectors, the bottom of the barrel in those days.  Can I do that?

Jesus left the disciples and went out alone and prayed.  And He did this often.  Can I do that?

Jesus was abandoned by those who had sworn to follow Him at the time He needed them the most.  But He loved them anyway.

Jesus washed the feet of Judas knowing that within hours Judas would betray Him for thirty pieces of silver.   But He did it anyway.

It is enough for me to be like my Savior.   Yes, it is enough.  But it isn't easy.  It isn't popular.

People will tell you not to be a "Jesus freak."  People will tell you not to get "carried away"
with religion.  People will make fun of you.  People will avoid you.

And yet He whispers "come unto me."

He is more than enough.  And my prayer is to be more like Him.

It is enough.


5 comments:

  1. I always pray that I can be the woman God wants me to be...I want to be Jesus like. I strive everyday...one way or another. I feel that God is everywhere....no matter the circumstances. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an absolutely wonder message. It is hard to be Enough. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a challenge. I like this idea. I want to be more like the Jesus you described

    ReplyDelete