Wednesday, June 1, 2016

My Life In Pictures

Is it just me, or can you not BE-LIEVE that it is June 1st???  I mean, where did springtime go??  For that matter where did wintertime go??  My mom always told me the older I got the faster time would go . . . . and I believe she was right!

So I'm gonna give you a quick review of the last couple of weeks of my life . . . . in pictures.

Ready, set, GO!!!!

On Sunday, May 15th, my dad and I flew out of St. Louis, to Los Angeles, California.  My daughter was waiting for us at the airport and we got in her car for the 1,800 mile drive back to Missouri!  Driving through California, Arizona, and Nevada is pretty much a whole lotta NUTHING.


We drove through Las Vegas Sunday afternoon, and spent about an hour or so visiting with several family members who live out there.  It was awesome to get to see them, but the drive ahead of us was long, so we had to keep the visit short.  


 But man was it HOT!!!!  Yes, that says 95 degrees!!!!


By Sunday evening we were driving through western Utah and it was gorgeous!!!  And much colder.  I didn't take a picture of the car thermometer, but it was in the upper 40s with snow on the mountain peaks!


We spent the night in Grand Junction, Colorado, and by the time we got through Vail Monday morning we were in a BLIZZARD.  I'm not kidding . . . . it snowed about as hard as I have ever seen it snow.  We were going maybe 30 miles per hour for miles and miles and miles.   Finally got out of the snow in Denver, but it rained on us the entire way back to Missouri.  We got home Monday night/Tuesday morning about 12:45 a.m.  1,800 miles . . . but I'm so happy to have my daughter back home with us.  Prayers for our son-in-law are appreciated as he is deployed in Okinawa, Japan.


This past weekend we visited four cemeteries, putting out flowers on graves.  This is a tradition that my dad and I have done together for more years than I can remember. 

My great-grand parents, Ed and Myrtle Graham.




Our garden is looking great.  Actually this picture is from a couple of weeks ago.  Our tomatoes and potatoes are both starting to bloom.  We've had some much needed rain and warm temperatures, which really helps out the garden. 

And our yard!!  This time of year we are mowing every single week, and sometimes we have to mow a day or two early.  We live out in the country so it's not like we have to mow when our neighbor does . . . but it gets pretty straggly looking with all the rain we've had!!



Hope you enjoyed the pictures and the little "glimpse" of our lives these last couple of weeks!  Blessings to each and every one of you!!  I love my blogging buddies!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Great post. What fluctuating weather! My tomatoes are doing great. I wish I had tried potatoes. I'm kicking myself! Thanks for sharing. I am follow you now. I actually thought I already was. Opp's. Hope your Friday is Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, sounds like in 1800 miles you saw every type of weather. That's nuts going from 95˚ to Blizzard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy weather extremes on a single road trip!! What a blessing you were able to travel together with your Dad and daughter....I am sure she enjoyed having you along for the journey. Many Blessings to you! Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete