Thursday, October 13, 2016

One Thing Needful

I visited my friend Camille's blog, Flowers In His Garden, and was absolutely blown away by her post.  As I told her, this message should be preached from every pulpit in America.  

Too often today's preachers (some, not all) want to talk about the blessings of God.  If you aren't rich, then you don't trust God.  If you aren't healed, then you don't trust God.  If you didn't get a good parking spot, then you don't trust God enough.  HOGWASH!!!

God is good, and He is merciful and He blesses His children.  But not always in the ways we would want or would expect.  In the Bible those who served Him went through horrible trials.  Look at Stephen.  Look at Paul.  Look at Peter.  

Bottom line is this, heaven is real, but SO IS HELL.  Preachers have gotten away from preaching on hell, and I do not believe that is a good thing.

Please take a couple of minutes and read Camille's post.  I think it will touch your heart as it touched mine.  Blessings my friends!!

7 comments:

  1. I don't remember the last time I heard a message about Hell preached anywhere.....
    We know we are Heavenwardly bound though, don't we?!
    xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robbin, thank you for your visit! I'm still trying to get back into the swing of blogging after a long break. I lost my blog list and have been trying to get a new one up and updated. I will make sure to put your name on it.
    I'm sorry to read about your mother's battle. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for the link, it sounds like a good read!
    Take care,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said. And right on! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Preaching has in many ways changed over the years. I am a believer of the Word of God. I read. I love it most that God does not change. There is good comfort in His stability. An Anchor in the storm...everybody has em'. So it is good to know Him at all times. Because we discover that we always need Him. Old time preaching said, "There's a Hell to shun and a Heaven to gain." And it is still true today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you were blessed, Robbin. I have been convicted and challenged and encouraged as I have been reading through J.C. Ryle's book, "Holiness". What a blessing it is to have godly men from the past to encourage our hearts in Truth. Hugs to you! Camille

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sad indeed that many are preaching with what people want to hear. Including God's Word but some omitted. Thanks for sharing this. God bless and praying you're all remaining strong in the Lord's mighty power.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree totally. Hell is not preached about hardly at all anymore and if you listen to tv evangelists just about all you hear is praying for increase and new jobs and houses and health. The best preacher I know is the bible.

    ReplyDelete