Wednesday, August 9, 2017

It's Been A Long Wait . . .

On Monday my mom received her 8th chemotherapy treatment.  As with her prior 7 treatments, she went home with a "pump" that gives her additional chemo over the next 48 hours.  She goes back to the doctor today to have that pump removed.  She will go back to the doctor on Monday for blood work to check her white count, and if it's low, then she will get shots in the back of her upper arm to increase the white count so she can take the next chemo treatment. This "pattern" will continue four more times until my mom has taken a total of 12 chemo treatments.  Then we'll head back to her doctor in Houston for new scans and a new plan for where we go from here.

I can say with a big smile on my face that my mom is feeling great.  She is two days into her chemo treatment and she has had no nausea.  Praise the Lord.  She is a little tired, and she is starting to develop some sensitivity to cold (which she experienced during the first 7 treatments), but other than that she is doing wonderfully.

We continue to pray for COMPLETE HEALING for her in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.    Jeremiah 32:37 says  "Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for Me?"  And we are praising God for healing.  We know that He hears our prayer!!

In other news, I've been waiting for the month of August for a long time.  Our daughter and son-in-law will be home two weeks from today!!!  We are so very excited.  They've bought a house about 10 minutes from us and they'll be doing some painting and installing new flooring.  I can't wait to see them make the house a home!!  Our son-in-law will be starting school (actually the school starts 2 days before they get home but there's nothing he can do!) and Alex will be getting her real estate license.  We are counting the days until we see their faces!!!  It's been a long two years!!!

If you're looking for a song of encouragement, then check this out:


As always, please let me know if I can pray for you about something!!  Nothing is too small, or too big, for our God.  

5 comments:

  1. Ooopps--lost my comment- darn it! Anyway, glad your mom is doing okay this go-round and I am praying for a healing for her, Robbin. I am just thrilled that the kids are moving and will be living so close to you. That will be such a blessing to you.
    Have a great Wednesday- xo Diana
    ps. Just to mention- do you know your first name doesn't appear anywhere that I can see on your blog or in your profile? I think it really helps to keep people connected. I know your name but not all bloggers do...Just my 2 cents for whatever that's worth. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord knows how to help us.
    Loved the music. Lord of the harvest, we receive...all You have for us. A merry heart is like medicine. I can hear the happiness in your words today. Your heart soars as you plan for her return. Thankfulness abounds in this.
    Happy for your mother also. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for your mother. I'm glad to read that she is feeling good!
    I know you are thrilled to have your daughter moving so close to you. Our daughter is nearby and it is such a blessing.
    Also wanted to say that I agree with Diana. It does help if folks know your first name. Maybe you could insert it into your profile? Such as "Hello, I'm Robbin, and....etc." Just a thought! :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a blessing about your mom and yes, Our God still heals today! Diana has kept us in the loop and we've been praying for your mom. Such great news.
    So good your kids are moving closer.
    Hugs,
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Robbin, I'm so glad your Mom isn't having bad reactions to the chemo.
    And I am soooo pleased that your family is coming close. I miss our daughter so, so much (she's in Northern Ireland, and I'm heading to see her next Monday, to await the birth of baby - our first grandchild! *excited*!)
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete