Monday, April 23, 2018

A BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Hey friends!!

I know the last couple of years have been full of updates on my mother and not much else here at Down On The Farm.


And since I know you're wondering, I can say that my mom is about the same.  Eating is a struggle for her as she continues to have no appetite at all.  She has lost some weight and told the hospice nurse last week that she no longer wanted to be weighed each week.  We still believe that God is on the throne and we still believe that He is the Healer.  I still pray every day for a miracle.  And I still trust God, no matter what.  He is faithful and He is in control.

I thank you to all who have stuck around and still read Down On The Farm, cause there hasn't been much joy in my posts, and I'm so sorry.

  But that is about to change.

I am so excited to announce that
I'M GONNA BE A GRANDMA!!!

Our son and daughter-in-law will welcome our first grandchild this fall and we could not be happier!!  We are in love already.

I really do hope to post more often, and to share more pictures of farming, and maybe even some home improvement projects.  Heaven knows my home needs LOTS of improvement!!

So there you have it!!  Finally a
GOOD NEWS POST FROM ME!!

We can't wait for our little blessing to arrive!
THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!



 

6 comments:

  1. Oh you are in love...your heart will swell with pure joy when you get that grandchild in your arms. God is good. I pray your mom will do better . Tell her to eat when she doesn't want to even so she can get healthier. Blessings to all of you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweet lady!!! We are just beyond excited for our little "bundle of joy" to arrive!!!

      Delete
  2. OMG, so exciting! Congratulations to all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Patti! We just couldn't be happier!! Definitely something JOYFUL to look forward to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! And may the Lord bless your son and his family with this new addition! Glad to hear that there is "that silver lining" after going through many cloudy days! But you know what, no apology is needed sister...I am touched by your honesty about your mom's sickness and through this difficult journey, you do show your faith on Jesus and I know, maybe many come here and not say anything but it doesn't mean that they leave with empty hearts. I know your faith touches their hearts and maybe boost their faithless days when they, too face such life's storms. You inspire. Then again, I know it's not easy. To see your mom go through that...I had been there before. But up to this day, I know that only the gift of joy from the Lord helped my siblings and I overcome the physical weariness we saw from our father who had colon cancer.

    I pray your mother will have comfort and be strengthened each day by the power that comes from the Faithful One...Blessings to you sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! Super exciting!

    ReplyDelete