Thursday, April 25, 2019

Faith

My cousin asked me to send her a paragraph on "faith."  
Below is my response:


According to Romans 12:3, I believe each Christian is given “the measure of faith” by God when we become a follower of Jesus.  Everyone living for Christ has faith because God gave it to us.  Now what we do what that faith is up to us.  We can spend our lives barely hanging on, or we can build our faith.  Romans 10:17 says “faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.”  So the more time we spend in the Word, the stronger our faith becomes!  Wow!!!

 I have had so many times in my life where my faith was all I had.  When my mom was diagnosed with cancer, I had faith that God was going to heal her.  I knew it in my heart.  God did heal her, but it was at the moment He took her to heaven, I never saw her healing with my physical eyes.  So was my faith in vain?  NO!!  God never promised us that this life would be easy. In fact, Jesus Himself said in John 16:33 “in this world YOU WILL HAVE TROUBLE!!  But be of good cheer, I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD.”   Our faith that God is with us no matter what our enemy the devil brings against us is what enables us to persevere.  

Faith is what keeps us from giving up in the midst of trials, sorrow, sickness.  Faith is saying “God, Your will be done.”  If I did not know that God loved me, and that no matter what I have to endure on this earth, I will spend eternity with Him, I could not go on.  Life is hard and unfair and the day to day absolutely wears me down.  But thank God He is making all things new and one day none of the things I have stressed about will matter.  The cares will be erased from my memory and I will only see Him.  Faith brings peace.  

Resting in Jesus and in His love for me.

7 comments:

  1. Amen sister to everything you said! It is indeed a gift from God and I believe that helps in distinguishing who belongs to God and who doesn't because of faith. We believe not by seeing but by faith... and it makes sense. How can one see God Who is Spirit? If not for faith, I wouldn't be able to conquer those trials and not be able to make it in the valleys but what joy when we overcome because of the simple act of having faith on what God can do. After all, nothing can be bigger than Him. So He deserves to get all the glory!!! Just passing by to drop a prayer and God bless and strengthen you always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Nothing is bigger than Him, and that is such a comfort!

      Delete
  2. My dear husband was also healed when God took him home. My faith is stronger today than it was 6+ years ago. I pray it will continue to grow with each new day I am blessed with. God is my strength when I am weak.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. Without faith it is impossible to please God. In this world faith makes it possible to walk through the fire knowing God will be faithful to His word. No matter what it 'feels" like. Faith is what makes you trust that God's will is our benefit. Trust. We learn to endure hardness. Have faith in God...is breathtaking experience. He grows more precious as I age. I would not want to live without knowing Him and the wonder of His words. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't focus on our feelings, can we? Feelings aren't dependable, but thank God He is!!!

      Delete