Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December 1

Can you be-LIEVE that today is the first day of December?  I mean, where did fall go?  For that matter, where did summertime go?  We didn't even have summer (not that I miss those sweltering days) but it was a very cool summer here at Down On The Farm, and a very COLD, WET, RAINY fall. 

And now Thanksgiving is over and the Christmas rush has begun.  As usual, I'm in the middle of things.  I have outdoor Christmas lights up, but no Christmas tree or Christmas decorations inside.  I have gifts bought for my nieces and nephews, but NOTHING for my kids.

But all in all I'm in better shape this year than in years past . . .  at least I have SOME Christmas shopping done.

As the next few weeks FLY BY, please take a few moments to remember what its all about.  It's not the tree, or the lights, or the presents, its about Jesus.  So, make yourself a cup of hot chocolate, sit down with your feet up, close your eyes, and remember that day in Bethlehem so long ago . . . and the Savior we celebrate!

1 comment: