Friday, May 5, 2017

HOME

After 33 days in Houston, Texas, my mom woke up in her own bed yesterday morning.

Her surgery (where they removed 70% of her liver) was four weeks ago yesterday.

As you can imagine, my mom has some recovering to do.  She needs to get her strength built back up.  She needs to eat, and drink, and rest, and walk.

God has been with her EVERY STEP OF THE WAY.  Mom's original diagnosis was not good.  But God has performed miracle after miracle, and we are trusting Him to complete what He started.  We pray daily for mom's complete healing in the name of Jesus.  

If you have a mountain in your life, I urge you to give it to God.  There is absolutely NOTHING too difficult for Him.  He is able to do MORE than you can even imagine.

Thank you all so much for your prayers for my mother.  Please continue praying and agreeing with us for complete restoration of my mother's health.

We go back to Houston in 4 weeks for a checkup, and we think they will want her to complete her chemotherapy (she took 7 out of 12 doses this past winter).  She has one small tumor in her liver that they didn't remove during the surgery, so she will have an ablation treatment post-chemo.  At that point she will be CANCER FREE.

Why has God allowed this trial to come into our lives?  I honestly can't answer that.  We prayed for no cancer, and yet my mother was diagnosed with colon cancer that had spread to her liver.  7 tumors that were inoperable.  That was not what we prayed for.  My mother has been a faithful follower of our Lord Jesus Christ our entire life.  She is a licensed minister.  She has prayed for so many people and led so many people to the Lord.  What an incredible testimony she is going to have!!  How many MORE people will come to know Jesus because of what God has done for my mom!!!

HE IS THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY AND FOREVER!!!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know why some prayers are answered and some aren't. I don't know why some get miracles and some do not. I only know that there needs to be acceptance that what happens is what is supposed to happen...and that, my dear, is the hardest part sometimes.

    Hope your mom has a restful, peaceful weekend now that she is home and in her own bed. make that woman EAT!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good report. Loved reading this today. So many answers in the Bible for this. God is so good to us all. One thing that comes to mind is that we have an enemy. He comes to kill,steal and destroy. So it looks to me that God has fought a battle against our foe. He greatly loves us. Plus, love wins. All the prayers...like incense going up before the throne. God would that we be in health and prosper even as our soul prospers. God bless your mother, that strong warrior in the Lord! I am happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will continue to pray for your mother. Blessings to all of you. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad she is home. I will continue to pray for her. So glad she made it home in time for Mother's Day. Now tell her she has to stay here for a week for sure!

    Blessing to you all

    ReplyDelete