Thursday, June 15, 2017

Homeward Bound

After being admitted to the hospital on Tuesday, May 30th, my mom is being released today. Thank you Jesus!!!! She is drinking the protein shakes every day, and she has improved a lot.  She still struggles with nausea.  We really don't know where that comes from.  The doctors don't seem to know, so prayers about that are appreciated.

She has done physical therapy and occupational therapy every day, trying to build up some strength and get her up and moving again.  All of the excess fluid is gone from her body which has helped tremendously!!! 

She will be heading home from the hospital today, and on Saturday she and my dad are going to my sister's house.  My sister does medical billing and she works from home.  So mom being there for the next couple of weeks just makes sense.  My sister will take excellent care of my mom!!  She can make sure she drinks the shakes.  Make sure she continues doing the exercises and gets up and walks several times per day.  My sister is an excellent cook, so hopefully some great tasting food (sorry, but hospital food is  NOT GOOD) will encourage my mom to start eating again, so the mainstay of her diet isn't protein shakes.  We desperately need my mom to gain weight (I won't even tell you how much she weighs) and to regain her strength.

My mom is better than she was on May 30th when she was admitted to the hospital.  Just being honest, I was VERY CONCERNED about her that day.  And even though she is better, she has a long way to go before she's ready to be at home on her own.

Since April 6th, the day of my mom's liver surgery, she has been in the hospital more days than she has been out of the hospital.  The recovery from the surgery has been extremely slow.  Much slower than we would have expected, and she is very discouraged by this.  She worries about herself a lot.  

So, again, I come asking for your prayers.  I'm so thankful that even though sometimes I get tired of praying, God never gets tired of listening.  Please continue praying for my mom to regain her appetite and her strength.  My mom is tired of feeling bad.  Tired of not having any energy.  

Just tired of being tired.

She needs a touch from the Healer, Jesus Christ.

Thank you for your prayers.  


6 comments:

  1. A bit of good news. I am still praying for your mother , you and your whole family. God hears our prayers. Blessings to you honey, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. God be blessed for what He has done, and for what He is now doing. Today I read on a post,..." So we raise the shield of faith again so that the enemy cannot hit his target. When the shields are up, the enemy cannot harm with his weapons. We declare our Savior's goodness and promises with the gratitude of thanks! The Holy Spirit within us is not weakened-the soul may be downcast, but as we put hope in our God we will experience the Spirit's mighty power. Shield's up!"
    I thought this to be deeply encouraging and proactive. As we read in Ephesians 6:16, "Above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one." Let us raise the shield for this woman, that God will do far above all that we can think or ask for Donna today. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Robbin! I am praying and I have been praying. I know it has been a hard and long journey. I am still praying and I am so thankful she is homeward bound. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bit of good news is good for the spirit. I will continue to pray for these specific needs. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers are continuing for your Mom! And for you as well, Dear Friend <3 Thankful for the better news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankful for the encouraging update!! Prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete