Monday, September 18, 2017

It's Been Awhile

Have you all missed me???  It's been awhile since I've posted.  It seems as if my days just FLY BY.  Can anybody else relate to this???  I used to think that as I got older life would slow down . . . . boy was I mistaken!!!  It seems to go faster and faster each day!!!

First of all I'm happy to report that MY DAUGHTER IS HOME!!!!!  They've been back nearly 3 weeks, they're moved into their house, and they are painting and putting in a new shower and decorating.   Unless you've had a child live far away you can't imagine how GREAT it feels to know that I can go see her anytime I want to (and no, I don't stop in every night te-he!)  Alex passed her real estate exam last week (WAHOO!) and will get her license next week.  So if you're in the Central Missouri area and you need a realtor just let me know!!!!

Speaking of my beautiful daughter, I'd like to ask for your prayers for her and our son-in-law.  They left last night on a 7 night Southern Caribbean cruise from San Juan, Puerto Rico.  And I know you're thinking what I'm thinking . . . . Hurricane Maria.  They cruise line has adjusted their itinerary to keep them safe, but you know this mama is just a tiny bit worried.  So, I would ask you to agree with me that hurricane maria just falls apart to NOTHING and doesn't impact their honeymoon in any way!!! 

Yes, I said honeymoon, and yes I know they've been married for over 2 years, but since our son-in-law was in the Marine Corps when they got married, he wasn't able to take enough leave for them to go on a cruise right after their wedding.  So they planned and saved and this trip has been booked for a LONG TIME!!  As I said, they've already had 3 of the ports of call changed, so the cruise really doesn't look much like the cruise they originally booked several months ago.  Please pray God's protection on them and all who are in that area.  And again, I'm praying that hurricane fizzles out to just a little old thunderstorm!!!

My mom has taken 3 chemo treatments since we got back from Houston, and she takes #4 tomorrow morning.  This will be her last dose of chemo until we go BACK to Houston the first week of October for new scans and to meet with her oncologist at MD Anderson.  We are praying and believing that the chemo has completely ANNIHILATED that tumor in the name of Jesus, never to return!!!  My mom is feeling pretty good considering she is on chemo.  She continues to struggle with her lack of appetite and maintaining her weight (she is so tiny), but we KNOW that God is working and we trust Him!!

So please join me in praising God for His goodness, asking Him for safe travels for our daughter and son-in-law, and healing for my mama in the name of Jesus!!

GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Girl you know I am on your side...blast those hurricane to bits dear Lord...keep those kids safe. Asking for the Lord's good help in curing your mother. May God give you the strength you need and a slower watch, cause yes, honey time does go so much faster the older we get. Hugs to you honey. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please thank your SIL for serving and are they safe? I do understand about a honeymoon coming when best...that's what Dave and I did and it was still wonderful! Prayers for your Mom and for you; glad you posted and YES to tempus fugit. WHERE does the TIME GO? 'Cause it surely doesn't hang around very long!

    ReplyDelete