Thursday, December 14, 2017

11 Days Til Christmas

I don't have my Christmas tree up and it's not looking good that I will get it put up.  The jury is still out but every day that goes by makes it a little easier to NOT put it up.  But who knows . . . I may get energetic this weekend.  Heaven knows my house could use some Christmas cheer. 

I have purchased a few gifts but none are wrapped.

I haven't even ordered Christmas cards so for the first time in years it doesn't look like anyone will get a Christmas card from me. Again, there's still this weekend for my interest level in Christmas cards to kick in.  I'll let you know.

I did set out my little glass Christmas tree collection on my mantle. . . does that count for anything?

Seriously . . . InstaGram makes me feel so inadequate, especially at Christmas time.
 
 My mom has had a tough time.  We did get the two remaining compression fractures fixed last week (yes there were two instead of one . . . again) and her back is feeling better.  But she is really struggling to eat.  She has no energy.  She just sits and watches television and naps.

I have prayed, I have bound, I have rebuked.

I have pled the blood of Jesus.  I have quoted Scripture.  I have called and asked for prayer from every reputable Christian ministry I can think of.

We have some big decisions to make where her treatment is concerned.

She needs your prayers.

My hope is in Jesus, and I trust Him completely.

But I wouldn't be honest if I didn't admit that there are days I just don't understand.

Psalm 27: 13-14
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.
Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!




4 comments:

  1. I hear you, sweet girl! Some things just take precedence over decorations and cards and celebrations of joyous events. Do SOMETHING just for you, though--even if it is just to put the tree up with just lights alone on it. I did that the one year when our life was turned upside down. It gave me a bit of refuge at night when the angst of the day came crashing down on me--it relaxed me a bit and made me feel some peace for some reason.

    I am so sorry your Mom is not doing well. I continue to pray for her and for you and your family. It is so hard to know what is the right thing to do .... to know when life on Earth is too hard and the only healing might come in Heaven. We have looked that prospect in the face right at Christmas time 2 years ago. We were granted a miracle ..but that doesn't always happen. I will never understand, this side of the Great Divide, why some are healed and others suffer and leave us way too early.
    Much love to you, Robbin! I hope you have a good weekend- xoDiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robbin, Sweet girl, don't lose your faith. Even we it seems the Lord isn't listening or hearing us...He is. He knows what to do. Like Diana said....just do something for yourself...you are being worn thin . Ask the church to pray for your mother. The more prayers the better. Blessings to all of you, love, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Instagram is over-rated. You are a talented resourceful, and blessed woman. That is doing all she knows to do and hoping in the Lord. I suggest...put up your tree to see the lights...and throw off that cloak of heaviness. The enemy wants you to feel that you are so deep in the valley that you'll never feel joy again. He is a deceiver. God knows where you are. It is not over. God has not failed. And you and your mom are not defeated. Decorate, wrap your gifts, because God loves you and will do signs, wonders, and miracles, and will withhold no good thing from us who love Him. Delays don't mean He won't or can't. As with Daniel, there are things going on we can't see. Spiritual battles that try to stop what God is sending. Stand on the Rock. God never fails.
    The enemy likes seeing no Christmas cheer. Disappoint him. Plus if mom sees you are feeling better, then it may be a big lift in her spirit, too. You are the daughter of the King. Far from inadequate. God richly bless you, your household, and may you see with spiritual eyes as never before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's understandable sister that with everything you have been going through, it's hard to have that energy to do the things you used to do to celebrate the season. That's okay because there are more important things you are facing at this time. But like what I said before here, I see that in my friend who is solely caring for her sick mom and I told her many times, to also take a break and do something nice for herself. I believe that is a well-deserved necessity so the caregiver doesn't break down. I pray your mother will have continued strength and with this setback be replaced with His healing and that may things be turned around with this corruptible shell she is in. I know despite, nothing is impossible with Him. I've seen many fancy, decorative lights in my friend's neighborhood except hers. And I meant to blog this morn about it but my thoughts are sort of scattered. I told her this and I would like to share with you also, that despite the grand display of lights in her neighborhood, none of those delight me except the simplicity of the light her heart is showing that comes from God as she cares for her mother unconditionally. I think reflected lights from the True Light are the best not only on Christmas celebrations but each day. So, may you remain strong with the power that God gives and have a blessed Christmas. (Ephesians 6:10 is the 1st verse God taught me). Many years after, now I know, it's because we battle everyday. But He is faithful. God bless you and your family sister.

    ReplyDelete