Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Marching Into MARCH

We've had some rainy, rainy weather here in Central Missouri!!  And we're expecting more rain today.  The temperatures have been pretty mild for this time of year.  The grass is just starting to have a hint of green.  In Missouri we still have some winter left.  We won't be mowing the yard for several more weeks, and the trees won't have leaves for another couple of months.  But we are seeing lots of baby calves in the fields and there is definitely the "feel" of spring in the air . . . or at least in my heart!!



I hate to admit it, but over the last year or so I've gotten away from exercise and healthy eating, and I've put on weight.  I decided to do something about it so I joined Weight Watchers and I've gotten back to walking 3 miles each day!  So far I'm down 5 pounds (25 more to go!) and on Monday I started setting my alarm for 5 a.m. and going to the gym to walk.  I had been trying to walk in the evenings, but it seems like there was always some reason I couldn't make it.  I am DETERMINED to make my health a priority, so I'm setting that alarm and going to the gym each morning!!!  This isn't easy for me as I am NOT a morning person!!!  But I know if I want to lose the weight I have to make some changes.  I just have to start going to bed a little earlier.

Thanks to everyone who continues to pray for my mom.  She is doing well.  She continues to gain a little bit of weight each week and she does feel better.  We continue to call upon the Lord and trust Him for her complete healing.  We are praying for her strength to be renewed and health to be restored, and I will pray that prayer until Jesus heals her or calls her home. 
 He never changes and He never fails.

This morning on my way to the gym I heard a new song -- at least it was new to me.  Turn up your speakers and take a listen -  WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS!!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Robbin, I'm so happy to hear that your mother is doing well! That is great news. She continues to be in my prayers.
    We have had some nice rains that has filled our pond back up and that is good, it was getting very low. I'm sure the farmer's are happy for it too. I can also see the grass beginning to get a little more green each day. Yay! I'm always happy to see signs of spring.
    Take care,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about yesterday, and praying for your mom, and your dad, and you. Good to hear your mother is doing better. And it is equally as good to hear you are deciding to do for yourself some physical changes. That exercise will do far more benefits than weight loss. It will release endorphins in your brain. You'll feel better mentally. And you have good perspective.
    It by fact is all in the Lord's hands. What comfort that is. His yoke is easy.
    Spring is coming in soon. I love Spring! New and fresh! So glad you are doing well. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny how one minute it's brown and the next the green makes an appearance. My dad always said and I truly believe it... there will be a lightning storm here in the next month, closer to the latter part of that month and BAM the tress will start greening too. And it's always this weird lightning storm that brings that on. It's crazy!

    I'm so glad to hear your mom is getting better! Let's keep praying for that forward momentum!!

    ReplyDelete