Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Day Five

Today is my fifth day of working out every day.  I started doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD on Day Three and I love it!! You can check out the details of the 30 Day Shred HERE!




I snapped this picture from my front porch this morning just after I finished working out!!  What a beautiful morning here in Missouri!!!


I'm doing Level One and I use 5 pound weights.  The workout is 28 minutes from warm up to cool down.  The movements aren't complicated.  Just physically challenging since I'm out of shape.  I still can't keep up the entire time and I do have to modify the pushups (think girl pushups on my knees!).  I still have to stop sometimes and catch my breath, but I only stop for a few seconds then pick right back up.  I know I won't see any results standing there watching her exercise, so I keep going!!!

My muscles are sore, but a good kind of sore.  I can tell I'm getting a little bit stronger each day.  I've done a little research and it seems like most people spend 10 days on Level One then move to Level Two.  Right now Level One is plenty for me.  I'll let you know when I move up to Level Two.

I'm doing pretty well on my goal of eating less and eating healthier food. This morning I had a protein shake for breakfast, and I have baked chicken with broccoli for lunch.  For my evening meal I try hard to eat no carbs.  My body just can't handle carbs very well so I don't eat them often.  That's tough for me cause I love potatoes!!!  But potatoes attach themselves to my hips so I rarely indulge.

I am not swearing off Diet Coke forever, but I want it to be a treat, not just something I drink when I'm thirsty.  Focusing on drinking lots more water.  I haven't had a Diet Coke since last week!!

I'm five days into this journey and I'm excited.  Do I love setting my alarm 45 minutes early so I can exercise before work?  Honestly, no.  I am NOT a morning person.  But for my life, exercising in the mornings just works better.  If I wait until after work it's easier to make an excuse to NOT work out . . . and believe me I speak from experience.  In the mornings I have NO excuse but my own laziness.  I don't inconvenience anybody but ME in the mornings.  So I'm committing to setting my alarm and getting up early and working out in the mornings.

As I said in the beginning, I promise to be honest.  If I skip a workout I will let you know.  If I totally blow my healthy eating for a day I will share it.  And I will share my progress on losing weight.  I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 2.2 pounds since Day One.  

FIVE DAYS IN AND A LIFETIME OF BETTER HEALTH TO GO!!!!!

 **Disclaimer - This is NOT a paid advertisement for Jillian Michaels or 30 Day Shred.  She has never heard of me.  I purchased this DVD on Amazon and paid for it myself.  Just giving you my honest opinion.
 


1 comment:

  1. I have always admired Jillian's determination to help others succeed and get healthy. I will look at that program. I need to do something! I used to exercise but it has fallen by the wayside. Sounds like you are doing really great on your food plan, too. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete