Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What's Goin' On Wednesday??

Hello my friends!  Wow!  I can't believe it is Wednesday already.  I don't know about you, but my weeks just seem to FLY BY!  So I've got some catching up to do to tell you what's been goin' on here at Down On The Farm!

Monday (March 5th) was Cole's 19th birthday.  Yes, my eldest child is 19.  I really can't believe it.  He should be just a little boy, not a freshman in college.  Here are a couple of pictures of Cole helping unload some cattle on our farm west of town:



That boy sure loves farming.  We are so very proud of him.

And talk about proud, our daughter Alex was inducted into the National Honor Society last night.  Isn't she beautiful?



She likes farming too! That's her on the back row! She can mow and rake hay with the best of them!

Speaking of Alex, she is one of 60 sophomores interviewing TODAY for the Missouri AgriBusiness Academy (MABA).  There were nearly 250 applications sent in, and 60 were notified that they had been selected for the semi-final interviews.  Thirty students will be chosen to attend.  MABA is a week-long agricultural leadership academy, and the students will tour various agriculture-related businesses and industries in an effort to expand the students knowledge of Missouri Agribusiness and the opportunities available for them.  Cole was selected to the MABA class of 2009 and he said it was a great experience.  I would sure appreciate your prayers for Alex.  Her interview is complete, so now it is up to the selection committee.  Please ask for God's favor on Alex.  Obviously, we want her to be one of the 30 members of MABA for 2012.  But always, always we want God's will.

Another thing that's been goin' on around here is baby calves.  Lots and lots of baby calves.  I just love watching them grow! 




And this is what I saw by my back steps this morning!  Makes me KNOW that spring is coming! 




Thanks for dropping by to see what's been goin' on here at Down On the Farm.  Ya'll come back now . . . ya hear :0!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment