Friday, February 15, 2013

Nothing But the Blood!!!!

For the past few days I've had a song on my mind.  You know that feeling when you just can't get a song outof your head??  Well, I've got THIS SONG in my head.

You remember that old hymn "Nothing But the Blood of Jesus?"  Well, Andy Cherry sings a more up to date version of it.  Click on this and have a listen!!

I love the old hymns.  I grew up with them.  And for most of them, I know every verse, not just the first verse.  But I also love contemporary Christian music. And I really love this song.

"What can wash away my sin, NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS!  What can make me whole again, NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS!"

Folks, the blood of Jesus is the atonement of our sins.

Feeling guilty is not asking for forgiveness.  Doing good deeds doesn't bring forgiveness.  Confessing your sins to an individual doesn't bring forgiveness. Going to church doesn't bring forgiveness.  Only the blood of Jesus can cleanse us from our sin.

We sin every day.  I sin every day.  And I have to ask my Savior for forgiveness, EVERY DAY.  And it is that simple.  Ask Jesus for forgiveness and He will forgive.  Now we have to repent, and repent means to TURN AWAY from our sin.  We don't sin just because Jesus forgives.  We strive NOT to sin so that our lives bring glory to Him.

In John 14:6,  Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No man cometh unto the Father but by me."

He did not say I am one of the ways to come to the Father.  He said I am THE WAY.

I am so thankful that I know Him.  He is my Savior.  And I am thankful for forgiveness.

What can wash away my sin?  Nothing . . . . . but the blood of Jesus.

4 comments:

  1. Love that song! Now I'm singing it...oh precious is that flow...that makes us white as snow... Years ago I heard a 7 year old girl belt this song out from her heart in front of a large audience of adults as though she was the only person in the room...powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome song! And how true.

    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a wonderful old hymn; one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete