Monday, October 13, 2014

Engagement

I'm very excited to share that my son and his girlfriend, must now be referred to as my son and his fiance!  Yes, it's true. My son has asked his girlfriend of five and a half years to marry him.

We are beyond happy.

We are ecstatic.

He's been carrying around an engagement ring for a few weeks now.  And about a week ago, on bended knee, on a gorgeous fall day at our beautiful state capitol building he asked her to marry him.

She said yes.

The wedding won't be until next October.  Lots of time to plan.

And I'm sure I'll be talking more about it as the wedding gets closer.  

But for now I just want you all, my blogging friends, to share in our joy.

I'm going to be a mother-in-law :)!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! I am happy for you AND them! I think we need a picture of the sweet couple though. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! How exciting :) , and what a lovely month to get engaged and married in!! Looking forward to all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations girl friend! The steps only get better too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo!! Congratulations to everyone. Sounds like a happy match!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome news! Congratulations! At the same time, never forgetting to pray for your mom's continued healing. I just want to thank you for visiting my site despite your busyness. I appreciate it. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this.. especially "...on bended knee, on a gorgeous fall day at our beautiful state capitol building..." I mean, how much more perfect can it get??Congratulations!! Since I'm an "old hat" at this.. ha.. if you need any October wedding ideas, let me know :) I am by no means an expert, but I did survive! This is just awesome - so happy for ALL of you!! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you all! That is such exciting news. I am rejoicing with you.

    ReplyDelete