Monday, November 8, 2010

Godly Guidance

Tomorrow night I am having dinner with a friend of mine.  A friend I haven't seen in almost a year and a half.  She called me today.  It was the first time I have spoken with her in two months, and only the second time I have talked to her in almost a year and a half. 

You see this friend of mine has made some choices in the last year and a half that were not God's will for her life.  I don't say that in judgment.  But when we do things that don't line up with the Bible, then what we've done can't be God's will.  She has made choices that have separated her from God.  Don't misunderstand me, He did not give up on her, she turned away from Him.  And, she made the choice to not include me in her life.  But in the last year and a half I have not stopped loving her, I have not stopped missing our friendship, and I have not stopped praying for God to reach her.

Today, in a pit of despair, she reached out to me.  We spoke for a few minutes and we are having dinner tomorrow night.  As I said, it will be the first time I have seen her in nearly a year and a half.

Please pray for me.  Pray that God will give me discernment in this situation.  Pray that God will guard my heart and mind, and that He will guide my mouth so that I will know when to speak, and when to just listen to her. Pray that the Holy Spirit can use me to remind her that no matter what she has done God's grace and mercy is sufficient, and that God loves her beyond all her failures.  And pray for her, that she will continue to reach out to me, and to others who will speak God's truth in love.

Thank you so much for praying.

7 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and you'll be in my prayers as well.

    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. That's huge. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and for her in this situation dear sister!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will pray and think of you tomorrow as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and I may just have to quote you on this...

    "But when we do things that don't line up with the Bible, then what we've done can't be God's will. She has made choices that have separated her from God."

    OK?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be praying! You are such a good friend for praying for her and being there for her. God will use you in a very special way:)
    Blessings,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete