Monday, January 10, 2011

The Snow It Is A Comin'

Brrrr!!  Woke up this morning to a pretty good dusting of snow.  And it's cold.  Temperatures in the low 20's and by mid-week we will have lows in the single digits and wind chills below zero.  The forecast is for snowfall this afternoon and evening and overnight.  The weather people are saying we could get four to six inches of snow before it's all over.  Now I'm from Missouri.  Lived here all my life.  And in the last 20 years I could count on my fingers the number of times we've gotten six inches of snow.  So, let's see how the forecasters do.  I'll let you know tomorrow just how much snow we actually wind up with.  So far nothing is falling from the sky.  How do the weather forecasters do in your neck of the woods?  Are they fairly accurate?  Or are do they usually miss the mark?

Stay warm everybody.  And if you don't mind, I'd sure appreciate a prayer for my dear Grandma Flo.  She is 97 years old, in a nursing home, and not doing well.  My mother is with her right now and will be spending the day there.  Please pray for strength for my mother.  I can't imagine how hard this must be for her.  Thanks, and God bless you all!

5 comments:

  1. Yep, the snow is falling! I hope the weatherman is wrong about the amounts. It seems like the weather is changing. Less snow than in years gone by and spring is too short and turns hot too quickly.

    I will say a prayer for your grandmother and mother, too. This is a hard time for all.

    Have a good day,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, are you getting snow?? it is very clear here right now, which is nice. We drive to our outside office (1/2 hour or so away) 4 times a week during tax season, and it's always nice when the weather is mild. Somedays we wonder if we will get home again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved one day last year they said anywhere from like 1-16 inches of snow. See all their bases were covered... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Robbin,
    We are south of KC, KS and we are getting our first snow as well...I think we are a few hours ahead of you. We have been getting it since about midnight and all day today. School cancelled and looking like may close again Tues. It's a beautiful snow. I got so much done at home today. So far KC stations are getting right on the money.
    I will definitely say a prayer and I know how your mom is feeling. My mom is in the nursing home (she is only 74) with Alzheimers and recovering from 23 days in the hospital with Pneumonia. My thoughts are with your family. Such a hard and emotional time. Bless you all.
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea for snow!!! It's been spitting here, but tomorrow night is supposed to be the "BIG" snowfall. The one where it's on the news for days, "storm-trackers" posted all over W. Wa., pics of people not knowing how to drive in it, and all for probably just a few measly inches...oh well. I'll enjoy it when and if it gets here!!

    sorry to hear about grandma Flo...love her name!!!! Prayers have been lifted!!!

    I've been thinking about you as one of my goals this year is to walk more. I think of you every morning as I get my son off to school, in the dark, and am amazed that you walk every day!!!! I take one look out the window and head straight back to bed!!!! If it's windy, I stay home...if it's too cold I stay home. I have a treadmill. It holds clothing nicely!!! How do you do it??? You're my hero(ine)!!!

    ReplyDelete