Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkins

I have been very TARDY in decorating for fall this year.  I can't really explain it.  I don't know that I am any busier this year than last, it just seems like I haven't been on top of things and getting things decorated like I usually do.  I mean, it's not like I do a LOT of outdoor fall decorating, but, I usually do something!  If I wait much longer it won't be fall anymore, so I figured I had to get busy soon!

So, last weekend I bought 4 pretty good sized bright orange pumpkins, and I asked my husband to bring some straw bales up to our fence at the front gate so I could do some decorating.  I dropped the pumpkins off up by the gate last weekend on my way home from the store, and they've sat there ever since.  It took a couple of days for the husband to get the straw bales up to the gate so finally, yesterday, I stacked the bales up and placed the 4 pumpkins on the straw.  Now mind you I don't have any mums or anything up there yet.  This is a work in progress people.  But at least I felt like I had done something.

This morning, as usual, I head out at 4:50 a.m. to go into town for my morning walk, and lo and behold, one of my pumpkins was missing.  I stopped and backed up so I could get a good look in the headlights and, sure enough, where there had been 4 pumpkins, now there were 3.

Now I ask you, why would someone steal a pumpkin?  And, if you were going to steal a pumpkin, why wouldn't you steal ALL of them? 

These are things that make me say hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???????

No comments:

Post a Comment