Tuesday, December 23, 2008

CHRIST IS CHRISTMAS




"Fear not, for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to all people, for unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:10-11

I want to take this opportunity to wish each reader of this blog a very Merry Christmas. No, I didn't wish you "Happy Holidays" because I am not celebrating a holiday. My family and I are celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, in Bethlehem over 2000 years ago. And while the virgin birth of this Child is truly cause to celebrate, the real blessing to me is His resurrection. As John the Baptist said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world (John 1:29)." That baby born so long ago came from heaven to earth for one purpose, and that was to hang on a cross to take the sin of the world, and that includes you and me, upon Himself so that one day we could spend eternity with Him in Heaven. The Bible tells us that salvation is a free gift to all who will ask Him into their heart. If you have never invited Jesus into your heart, I urge you to pray a simple prayer acknowledging Jesus as the Son of God, admitting that you have sinned, and asking Jesus to come into your heart and forgive you of your sins. Please begin to regularly attend a Bible believing church where you can learn more about God and His plan for your life. Read the Bible and pray daily, asking God to guide you in everything you do, and HE WILL! Yes, they are good tidings of great joy!!!! May God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment