Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Griffith Reunion

This is Billy Paul's only living Aunt and Uncle, Bert and Sue Griffith. My mother-in-law, Bobette, is an only child. My father-in-law, Paul, was the youngest of ten children, and Bertie is the only one left.

So, in honor of Bert and Sue's 61st wedding anniversary (yes, I said they've been married for 61 years), some of the Griffiths got together in Louisiana, Missouri for a reunion. I met Griffith cousins I had never met, and got to visit with some that I hadn't seen in quite a while. Billy Paul is the youngest grandchild, and his Grandma and Grandpa Griffith passed away long before he was born. Billy Paul's dad actually had a brother who died in WWI before Paul was born.
This is Billy Paul, his Aunt and Uncle, and some of his first cousins. It sure was nice to get to spend time with Billy Paul's side of the family. Cole and Alex had never met most of the Griffiths and really enjoyed being with other people who had the same last name they did.


Bert and Sue, Cole and Alex, and Bert and Sue's granddaughter, Heather. The Griffith family lives on. Happy Anniversary Bert and Sue!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment