Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Merry Christmas to ME!!!!!


I really enjoy cooking.  Notice I didn't say I am a GREAT COOK, I said I enjoy cooking.  There is a feeling of satisfaction that comes from taking a few simple ingredients and turning them in to something special.  I told BP that I wanted a good knife for Christmas, a chef's knife.  My knives are old and fairly dull even though I try to keep them sharp.  Well, guess what my wonderful husband had under the tree for me Christmas morning????

THIS is a Wusthof Classic 7" Santoku knife.  It is incredibly easy to handle and EXTREMELY SHARP.  No more putting all my "weight" into slicing an onion.  No more "sawing" back and forth cutting meat.  This knife cuts through everything like its warm butter. 

Thank you BP for my awesome Christmas gift.  And thank you Ebay for allowing me to buy this brand spanking new knife at 1/2 the price of Wusthof knives at Williams-Sonoma.  Sorry Williams-Sonoma.  I love you, but saving money is saving money!!!  If you enjoy cooking at all, you really gotta get one of these knives!!!

4 comments:

  1. I just popped over from Pioneer Woman. Congrats on the knife. Someday I hope to have one too! We are on a small farm in MI. We have beef cattle, goats, chickens, an occasional turkey and pig or two. My husband has the full time job and I care for the animals when he is not home. Have a blessed new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohhh, I'm not jealous. I repeat I'm not jealous.

    I have the worst knives ever. Think I'll go check them out.

    Happy (early) New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely knife. I'm kinda like wanting one of these real bad myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just rec'd a 3 pack of Rada knives, thought I was in hog heaven....guess mine are just sissies!! They work though!
    Mary

    merryyon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete