Monday, November 4, 2013

Rosemary Mint Sugar Salt Scrub - A Pinterest Project Win

I love Pinterest.  I have THOUSANDS of pins.  Things I will never have.  Places I will never go.  Houses I will never live in.  But I LOVE looking at Pinterest.

And when I see pins I always wonder "does that really work?"

Well last week I saw THIS pin.  It's a "recipe" for a Rosemary Mint Sugar Salt Scrub.  Go ahead, click on the link!!!

I am always looking for cute gift ideas.  And one of the ladies I work with just happened to have brought in a huge bunch of fresh rosemary from her house.

So, I gave it a whirl.  And let me tell you it SMELLS AND FEELS AMAZING!!

I actually made two batches and gave each of the ladies I work with some of the scrub.  Everyone raved over it.

When I make it again, I will use olive oil instead of grapeseed oil.  The grapeseed oil was VERY EXPENSIVE. 

Also, I didn't put it in glass containers.  While they are much "cuter" than the plastic containers I used, the thought of slippery wet hands and a glass jar just made me a little bit nervous.  So I put the scrub in little plastic containers with lids.

What Pinterest projects have worked for you?  Any Pinterest "fails?"

No comments:

Post a Comment