Tuesday, October 7, 2014

St. Louis Cardinals

You may not realize this, but I am a HUGE fan of the St. Louis Cardinals.

No, I am not really a baseball fan.  I only watch (or listen to) one baseball team, and that's the Cardinals.  I don't watch any other baseball teams play.


True story, many years ago my Grandpa tried out for the Cardinals as a pitcher.  This would have been back in the mid-1930s.  I love it when some of the old timers say to me "Your grandpa could pitch a baseball like nobody I ever saw before.  He could have been a major league player."  Anyway, he tried out for the Cardinals, but wasn't selected.  The very next year they contacted him and asked him to come back and try out again, but by then he was already married to my Grandma so he told them no.  Isn't that a neat little bit of trivia??  My Grandpa died in the late 1950s, so I never knew him.  Never got to ask him about playing baseball, and that tryout with the Cardinals so many years ago.  What I would give to spend just a few minutes with him to hear about that, and so many other things in his life.

But later today, I'm gonna put on this shirt . . . 


And I'm gonna drive to Busch Stadium in St. Louis to watch the ST. LOUIS CARDINALS BEAT THE Los Angeles Dodgers in GAME 4 of the National League Division Series!!! 

I am beyond excited!!  And joining me at the game will be my dad (who is a huge Cardinal fan and the son of that same baseball playin' Grandpa), my handsome son, and my handsome nephew!!  What awesome memories we will make today, enjoying a beautiful fall day in Missouri, in the most beautiful baseball stadium in America,  and watching the greatest baseball team ever, the St. Louis Cardinals!!!

In case you're wondering, my husband HATES sports.  Any kind of sports.  He believes it to be a colossal waste of time.  So it's not that I didn't invite him to the game, he doesn't want to go!!  His exact words were "I would be bored to death.  Invite someone who will appreciate going."  So there, don't think he wasn't invited!!

So if you're watching the game today (which you should be!) I'll be out there along the 3rd base line wearing my Cardinals t-shirt and yelling and screaming and cheering on MY CARDINALS!!

GO CARDINALS!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Go Cardinals!
    We're watching from home (near Chicago) + hoping the Cardinals can come from behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge Royals fan! Wouldn't it be awesome if it ends up being Royals vs. Cards?

    ReplyDelete