Monday, January 9, 2017

So Many Need Prayer

First off I want to say to everyone that I'm really sorry I don't post much on here anymore.  And I'm sorry that when I do post it seems to be rather "heavy."  It's been awhile since I posted something that was light and happy, and this post is gonna be pretty heavy too.

On Saturday a dear blogging friend of mine lost her husband in an accident on their farm in North Central Missouri.  In an effort to maintain her privacy, I won't link you to her blog, or give the name of her blog.  However, as I am a person that likes to pray for others by name, I will share that her name is Tammy and she needs your prayers.  I've been married for 31 years, and the thought of losing my husband, well, my mind won't let that thought take hold.  Her husband's death was sudden.  There was no warning.  No way to know that the words they spoke to each other that morning before he left the house would be their last.  I know that Tammy is a Christian.  And as Christians we don't mourn as those who have no hope.  We have the hope of eternal life in heaven with Jesus.  

A week and a half ago a girl that I went to high school with was in Southern Missouri celebrating Christmas with her husband's family.  She got up that Saturday morning to walk her dog and somehow fell down an embankment and broke her neck.  She was 56 years old and left a 15 year old son and a husband.  I hadn't seen this girl in years, and we weren't really friends in high school as she was a few years older than me.  I don't know if she knew Jesus.  I hope she did.  If she didn't, well, the Bible is clear what happens to those who leave this world without Jesus as their Lord.  Heaven is real, but so is hell.  And there is no end to either.

If you're reading this, and you don't know Jesus, and I don't mean know ABOUT Jesus, I urge you to give your life to Him.  Knowing Him means serving Him. It means you live your life trying to keep His commandments.  It means the fruits of the Spirit are alive and well and EVIDENT in your life (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control).  It doesn't have anything to do with attending church, although if you love Jesus attending church is near and dear to your heart.  It doesn't have anything to do with being baptized.  Baptism without repentance just means you got wet one time.  It means being a doer of the Word, not just a hearer.  It means your life is changed.  Old things have passed away.

If you don't know Jesus, read the book of Luke.  Read the book of Acts.  This will tell you Who Jesus is, and show you how those who live for Him are to conduct themselves.  Knowing Jesus isn't about praying the "sinners prayer" and then going back to the way you were.  It isn't about just "accepting Him," but about forsaking the world and forsaking sin.  It's about trusting Him.  

We never know how or when our lives will end and I've just given you two examples of people I know who have left this world unexpectedly in a 7 day time frame.  If you don't know that you know that you know that if this morning was your last sunrise, you would spend eternity in heaven, then this is the most important thing you will read. I urge you to make Jesus the Lord of your life TODAY.

If you do know Jesus, then please keep Tammy and her son and her extended family in your prayers.  They need a touch from Jesus.  They need peace and comfort for the days ahead.  

I have so many friends who are hurting.  So many friends whose parents are suffering with cancer.  These people need healing.

My mom will take her 7th chemotherapy treatment tomorrow, the last treatment before we head back to MD Anderson the end of this month for another CT Scan.  We are praying for a GREAT REPORT and we are believing for healing.  My mom has done her best, but chemo is rough.  She continues to feel weak and sick and she continues to lose weight.  She needs your prayers, too.

Thank you all for hanging in there with Down On the Farm.  I know I don't post cute pictures of exciting DIY projects much anymore.  Or send you pictures of cows and turkeys.  But with all the tragedy and sickness surrounding so many people I know, and all the evil in this world, my heart just can't seem to do anything else but ask for you to agree with me in prayer for all of those who are sick and hurting.  Pray for our country, and for our new administration.  THEY NEED THE GUIDANCE OF GOD.  God is the only thing that will make America great again.

God bless you all and God bless America.

13 comments:

  1. Hello friend, I read your blog...you are right... in this world we will have tribulation. But Jesus, in Him, we find so much comfort in our times of trial and heaviness.
    This year of 2017 I have decided to read at least 12 new books to help me keep focus on what matters most. If you like to read, I suggest 'One Thousand Gifts' by Ann Voskamp. It is very touching and thought provoking. It leaves an imprint upon the heart. We all need help and to be strengthen in our journey here. We know this is not eternity. God bless you. I am praying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the prayers!!! I appreciate that so much. And thanks for the book suggestion. I love to read!!!! I've not read "One Thousand Gifts" and frankly I've heard mixed opinions of Ms. Voskamp and a lot of things she says in her books. I appreciate your suggestion and will check it out. God bless you my friend!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's husband. I am wondering if I have been to her blog as I recall a blogger by that name but she hasn't posted anything in several months if that is her. I will keep her and her family in my prayers. I am praying for safety for the new president as there is so much hatred toward him and that he will lead our country in the right direction. I do believe that God had a hand in this election and I pray for our country and our people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to add that I will also pray for your mother, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year sister! I think that's just being realistic if one posts even the bad, the rough, or sad news. There is a time for everything. And it isn't easy to be transparent. I admire those who have the courage to spill the worst, the roughest, the fiercest trials...But I share in the joy of knowing that Jesus had overcome...For those who believe, I believe we will overcome.

    The Bible tells us to always give thanks, be joyful no matter what circumstances and most of all..to be prayerful at all times. The battle is real! This new year, I pray for side effects of chemo to disappear as the purpose to fight the cancer cells is fulfilled. I join you in your prayers for your dearest mom. May you all remain joyful, knowing that our good God is true to His promises! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saying a prayer now. I'm so sorry. Thanks for the inspiring words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can sense the heaviness of your spirit, Robbin. So sorry to hear of all of these sad things, but we can always know that God is good. He loves us. He is sovereign. I'll be praying for you and your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, Robbin, I think we blog about whatever is first and foremost on our minds and if it is something pretty and nice all well and good---but---when we are hit with hard times and life altering events it is okay to blog about those and share those thoughts and fears with the world.

    That is so sad about those two families and those are only two that we know about-there are so many more that are in that situation daily and will never know when those last moments will come.

    Blessings to you and I am praying for a good report for your mom. Love to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robbin, I'm so sorry for your friends and the loss they have experienced. When we see our friends and family hurting, it's hard to not feel what they are feeling.
    I pray that God's peace will cover them.

    Thanks for sharing, so we can pray for these families.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many untimely deaths around these parts lately as well. Attended a husband / wife double funeral a few weeks ago. Carbon monoxide in their home. Have you tested your detector lately? We are all trying to spread the word. Never want to experience anything like that again. Prayers and hugs for Tammy and your HS friend's family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Robbin, I am afraid I know the blogger, too! My heart hurts for her and the family. Prayers for all you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bless your dear heart. You are surely going through so much. I am so thankful Jesus has broad shoulders and can comfort as no other. I am praying for you and the others listed here. I appreciate you posting the prayer requests here. Seems like we are kindred spirits. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for those families and your mother; may I suggest, folks should read the Gospel of John as well. I haven't any idea how those who don't know, as their Savior and friend, Jesus even get up in the morning!
    I keep hearing people talk about "end days"...but, like I told someone...it's always end days because one day, our life will end. Thank God I'm ready to go but I'm not homesick.

    ReplyDelete