Thursday, March 2, 2017

Headed South Again

Yes, I'm headed south again.

No, I'm not going on a tropical vacation (I WISH!!)

We are leaving today for Houston, Texas.

On Friday mom meets with the anesthesiologist, and the doctor who will do the procedure.

On Monday mom will have a Portal Vein Embolization.  In other words, they will go in and put a "plug" in the blood vessel that feeds the right side of her liver, forcing the blood supply to go to the left side of her liver, which will cause it to grow.  If all goes well we should head back home on Tuesday and then we'll have a MONTH at home with no doctors visits!  Hooray!!!!

Mom will have her final surgery on April 6th.  At that time they will go in and remove the right side of her liver, remove a tumor in the middle of her liver, and she should come out of that surgery CANCER FREE!!!  

So here I go again, asking for your prayers.   We ask for God to go with us and give us a safe trip to Houston and back (it's a 13 hour drive . . . each way).  We ask for God to be with my mom during the procedure.  That it would be completely routine, no complications, no bleeding.  And as always, we ask for God to use us while we're down there.  To pray for others, to spread His love and the hope that is only found in Him.

I really can't thank you all enough for all of the prayers you have lifted for my mom.  We truly believe that God is working in her through these doctors.  We are blessed beyond what we deserve.

Thank you Jesus!!!

4 comments:

  1. And I will continue my prayers for you all.
    GADawn57

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for your mother , you, and your family. We all know that cancer effects the entire family. I will pray for a safe trip to and from and wonderful outcome of the surgery. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying. Thanks for this up-date. Often your mother comes to mind during prayer, and I include your father, and you as well. Reading Psalm 91, I am reminded of how good it is to abide under the shadow of the Almighty. The strong Deliver! There is great comfort in knowing there is so much to draw out of this powerful word. O Lord, how great are your works! Covering your request in prayer. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad we got an update. Prayers for you and your mother!

    ReplyDelete