Monday, April 17, 2017

The Resurrected King is Resurrecting Me!!!

I'm so sorry I'm just now updating you on my mom's big surgery.  Everything went VERY WELL!!!  The surgeon was pleased with the outcome and mom is doing great.  They removed 70% of her liver during the surgery and there were no complications.  Mom is still in Houston, as the surgeon wanted her to stay a couple weeks after the surgery just to make certain everything is good.  She has an appointment Wednesday morning, and if everything is good, which we expect it to be, they will head home.  PLEASE KEEP MY MOM IN YOUR PRAYERS!!!  Her body is working hard to regrow her liver, and it makes her feel very tired and weak.  As you can imagine, it is very discouraging to not feel good for a long time.  So please lift my mom in prayer for complete physical healing, and also prayer for God to encourage her through the coming weeks . The tiredness will last for several weeks, which is a good thing because it means her liver is healing, but that's a long time to not feel very well, so keep those prayers coming!!!

Happy Easter to everyone.  What a day.  What a reminder of my Savior's love!!  I'm sharing my Facebook post from yesterday:

Because He died for me knowing every sin I would commit. Because even though I have failed Him many times, He has never failed me. Because He promised to never leave me or forsake me. Because death and the grave could not hold Him. Because He is seated at the right hand of God interceding for me today. Because His final breath now lives in me. Because His grace is sufficient and His strength is made perfect in my weakness. Because my hope, in this world and for eternity, is found in Him alone. This is why I am a follower of Jesus Christ. "I am He who lives and was dead and BEHOLD I AM ALIVE FOREVERMORE! And I have the keys of hell and of death." Revelation 1:18

My new favorite song:

Please turn up your speakers and let your Spirit come alive as you realize what a gift the love of Jesus is!!!

I can't thank you all enough for lifting my family in prayer these past 9 months.  Yes, it's been 9 months since my mom's diagnosis.  We've had good days and bad.   Days of feeling strong in our faith, and days where we wondered where God was in all of this.  But we KNOW that He is with us.  We trust Him!!!

THE RESURRECTED KING IS ON THE THRONE!!!!!
 

3 comments:

  1. God is good. Great news to hear. A healing process that will bring about good benefits in your mother. What a Happy Easter you all had! Rest in Him. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your mother is doing well after her surgery. I will pray for her healing. Take care, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robbin, what a blessing that your mom is coming through this hard time! Praying for healing, safe travels and everything in between!

    And, I LOVE that song! It always sticks in my head and I end up singing it all day :)

    ReplyDelete