Wednesday, May 17, 2017

A Rough Patch

We've hit a rough patch with my mom.  Her body continues to make way too much fluid.  The doctor drained nearly 2 liters of fluid from her abdomen on Monday, and nearly all of that fluid is back already.  Her feet and legs are so swollen, as is her abdomen.

They are working her in early tomorrow morning to drain the fluid off again, and they are going to put in a drain that will stay in and continually drain the fluid out of her body while they try to figure out why she's still producing so much fluid 6 weeks post surgery.

My mom feels lousy due to all the excess fluid (her weight is up 15 pounds, and believe me it isn't fat or muscle).  This makes it even harder for her to eat and drink, which means she just can't gain any strength.  She is pretty frail and weak.

She needs healing in the name of Jesus Christ.  We just can't seem to get her over the hump.  She is very discouraged, and tired of feeling bad.  Her surgery was April 6th.  She just wants to be well. 

Please pray for my beautiful mom. 
Her name is Donna. 
 

12 comments:

  1. Honey, I am praying for your mother. God has the power. I know it's hard on all the family, so I will also pray for you. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for your momma! And you too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. Your prayers are appreciated so very much.

      Delete
  3. Discouragement and weariness is a battle for sure. Praying that God will speak to your mother in all love and comfort. Praying He will remind her that He is with her every step and that she lean toward Him so He can carry her in this time. No matter how she feels it will not change the fact that she is greatly loved and that God will bring her through, in the Name of Jesus.
    There are three books written by Becky Dvorak that may encourage your mother through this tiredness and weariness where she is at. These books hold testimonies of healings of all kinds and a lot of God's wisdom. Becky tells of faith and of signs following. We all need the reality of signs following. That is where our faith increases when we see or read of what God does today. You may want to look into this. Amazing miracles of her personal experiences are super encouraging. God bless. Praying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much!! I will look into those books for my mother. She really needs encouragement. There just doesn't seem to be any improvement and that discourages her, and us. Bless you for praying and standing in the gap!

      Delete
  4. I'm praying for your mother, Robbin, and for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you!! We desperately need a touch from Jesus.

      Delete
  5. I am saying a prayer for your mom, for strength, for healing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to read this! I hope things are better for you. I lost my son in April. I didn't blog about it. But it has been so hard. I lost my dad last Sept & now my 30 yr old son died unexpectedly. Just spoke to him the day before and he was fine. Still waiting on the report. I know he is with God now & that brings me some peace but I miss him terribly!
    Prayers for your mom, you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear friend. I am so very sorry. I had no idea. The loss of a child is beyond imagination, and I wish I had words I could say to ease your pain. Jesus is the answer. He will send the Holy Spirit to comfort you. You are in my prayers.

      Delete