Monday, October 1, 2018

Ten Days In

Wow!!! I can't believe today is the tenth day of my healthy lifestyle journey !!
I'm happy to report I'm down 3.4 pounds.  I can't say I can tell that I've lost weight, but I can really tell I am getting stronger with my workouts.  

I still can't do the entire Level One of the 30 Day Shred without taking a quick breather once in awhile, but I can do MORE than I could before.  I can do more pushups than I could and pushups have always been hard for me.  I have worked out every day for the past 10 days, except yesterday. I have read that the body needs one day of rest per week, so I didn't do the workout on Sunday.  But I was up early this morning and exercised before work.  I still don't like it when that alarm goes off, and probably never will, but morning works are the hardest to skip because there just isn't an excuse to NOT work out.  And oh it feels SOOOO GOOD when I'm finished!!! 

I did have a couple Diet Cokes over the weekend, and they sure tasted good.  But I have had FAR FEWER Diet Cokes the last 10 days than I would normally would have so I'm considering that a win.

I'm trying to eat healthy foods, smaller portions, and trying to eat fewer carbs.  


My mom has been gone 11 weeks this morning.  I still can't believe it.  I know she is in heaven, healed and whole and that makes me smile.  And yet I go out to the cemetery and look down at the grave and my heart breaks all over again.  I still cry every day.  I miss her terribly.  I just want the old mom back.  The mom before she got sick.  I'm going on with life, but man, oh man, this hurts.

Our daughter-in-law is feeling great and our grandson is due one month from today!We're beyond excited.  Please keep the prayers coming for a healthy baby and an easy, uneventful delivery.  Those last 4 or 5 weeks of pregnancy are just no fun, so please keep the prayers coming.

Please pray for our country.  Pray for our leaders.  Pray for your church and your pastor. I'm praying today for you.  Asking God to show you specifically the path He has for the rest of your life. His way is always best.

Blessings from Missouri!! 

3 comments:

  1. Honey, I know what you mean about your mom...mine mommy's been gone 12 years and I still long to hug her and tell her how much I love her. Hugs to you . When the grand baby comes , you heart will fill up with a new love . Not saying you won't still miss your mom, but this new love will help you ease some pain. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie
    p.s. good for you on living healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our country needs prayers! As they started pulling God out of everything, our country started going down the toilet. Addison started reciting a prayer the other day. I asked her where she learned it, because I knew I hadn't taught it to her. She told me at preschool. Yey! Thank God!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know others are trying shed a few pounds. It comes off so slow and went on so fast, always amazes me. I miss my Mom too, it's been two years, and I think of her everyday still. But she too is in heaven where she is whole, painless, enjoying the total blessing of seeing Him face to face. It gives my soul peace.

    ReplyDelete