Tuesday, October 26, 2010

IN AWE!!!!!!

I am a huge fan of Hillsong United. You know from Hillsong Church in Australia?   Their songs are amazing, and absolutely Holy Spirit inspired.  One of my favorites is "The Stand." 

"You stood before creation, eternity in Your hand, You spoke the earth into motion, my soul now to stand, You stood before my failure, carried the Cross for my shame, my sin weighed upon Your shoulders, my soul now to stand. So what can I say, what can I do, but offer this heart O God, completely to You.


So I'll walk upon salvation, Your Spirit alive in me, this life to declare Your promise, my soul now to stand.  So what can I say, what can I do, but offer this heart O God, completely to You.


SO I'LL STAND, WITH ARMS HIGH AND HEART ABANDONED, IN AWE OF THE ONE WHO GAVE IT ALL, I'LL STAND, MY SOUL LORD TO YOU SURRENDERED ALL I AM IS YOURS."


Are you truly in awe of the One who gave it all?  If you aren't, then you should be.  He died for you.  Did you deserve it?  No.  Can you earn it?  No.  Can you receive His salvation by just asking Him?  YES!!!

To know Jesus is to be in awe of Him.  In awe of His love and mercy and grace.  If you don't know Him, today can be your day of salvation.  Ask Him to forgive your sins and come into your heart.  Ask Him to lead you and guide you.  Ask Him to save you.  He already paid the price.

If you do know Him, please take just a few minutes and focus on Him.  May we never be too busy to stand in awe of our Lord and Savior.   He is AWESOME.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I am a new Christian. I will have to look up this song.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post! Isn't it wonderful the stir that music gives us. I too enjoy Hillsong....am blessed to be adopted into the family of God :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! I'm not familiar with that group, but perhaps they're on the station I listen to and I'm just not aware of it. I will check them out :) Thanks for the wonderful message today! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them too.
    I am so in awe of A Holy God who wants to fellowship with me. I am so thankful.
    So good to catch up with you. I have been way to busy and I am so behind on my blog reading!

    ReplyDelete