Monday, October 18, 2010

National FFA Convention - Indianapolis


As I am typing this post my son, Cole, and his Eldon FFA parliamentary procedure team mates, are on their way to Indianapolis, Indiana for the National FFA Convention.  Cole's parliamentary procedure team won 1st place at the Missouri FFA Convention this spring, and they are competing this week at the national level.  On Wednesday several other FFA members are heading to Indianapolis separately to attend the convention, and BP, Alex, my mother-in-law and I will be heading there as well.

Today I would ask for your prayers.   Please join me in asking for traveling mercies for all students and advisors and parents that are traveling to the convention.  I ask that God would go with these students, and go before them.  I ask that He would give our Eldon team a boldness and a confidence in their competition and that they would remember everything they need to know in order to compete.  I pray that they would have peace.  I ask that they would trust Him in all things.  That they will do their absolute best, and leave the results up to God and praise Him, no matter the outcome.

Thank you all so much for your prayers.  I am blessed beyond measure to have this opportunity to share my prayer needs with you and I know that when you say you are praying, you ARE.  The Bible tells us to pray one for another so, thank you my blogging friends for lifting your prayers along with mine. 

May you have an absolutely BLESSED day!  Always remember, this is the day that the Lord made, and we are to rejoice and be glad in it!

6 comments:

  1. woohoooo congrats to the Eldon Team!!! When I was in high school we had a team about every other year and usually won. It was crazy, then we got a new ag teacher who didn't drill it as hard and I'm not sure Carthage has won since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to them! I pray for their safety.
    Think they will be on RFD TV?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an honor!!! Congratulations to the whole team. I wish them all the luck in the world along with my prayers for safe travel for all.

    Ya'll have the most magnificently blessed 'fall' day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck and will pray! Such an exciting time for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catching up here, we too raise turkeys in IN. Our 50th anniversary was 10/13. congratulations. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful experience! Congratulations to all! I am so happy to be able to pray for all you have asked. God definitely listens and always always has the best plan! Let us know how it goes!
    Blessings,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete