Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mornings

I am not a morning person.  Yes, I get up every morning about 4:40 a.m. to go walk three miles, BUT I DON'T ENJOY IT.  Don't misunderstand, I love walking the three miles, I just wish I could do it a little later in the day.  I could sleep in every day.  But sometimes, when I really stop to LOOK in the mornings, I realize just how beautiful "MORNING" can be.



I took these pictures Sunday morning.  It was chilly.  If you look closely you can see steam rising from the pond in front of our house. 


The frost was heavy.   It almost looked like a light dusting of snow.



Every morning is the start of a new day for us.  Every morning we have a choice.  Will we trust God for today?  Or will we decide we know better than He does?  Will we be obedient today?  Or will we grow weary in doing good?  Will we be a giver, or a taker?  Will we bless others, or only look for ways to serve our own interests?  Will we be thankful for what we have been given?  Or will we grumble over what others have? 

Lamentations 3:22-23 says:  "Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness."  Just think about that.  Because of God's mercy we are not consumed.  No matter what is going on in your life God is enough.  He is more than enough.  Your trials, your fears, your circumstances can't consume you.  THEY CAN'T.  Because God's compassions don't fail.  GOD'S LOVE DOES NOT FAIL.  It is new every single morning of your life.  Every single morning throughout eternity His compassions are new.

Is your compassion new every morning?  No, it isn't.  Sometimes we wake up day after day after day in the same situation.  With the same thing going on in our lives.  With the same unsaved loved ones.  With the same fears and worries.  Anybody with me on this??  The Word says HIS mercies keep us from being consumed.  HIS compassions don't fail, they are new every morning.

Is there something in your life you haven't given over to Him?  A loved one, a fear or worry, something in your past??  You can be set free from all fear and all worry every single morning if you will only trust Him.  He is more than enough.  And He is able to do more than you can imagine.  Please don't limit God.  Don't confine Him to what you think He can do.  Trust that the One who said "Let there be light" is big enough to move in every situation in your life.  So today, this morning, ask Him to make your crooked places straight, and to pour out His mercies on you afresh and anew.  Come on, it's a new day, and He is waiting to pour out His mercy and compassions on you.  He loves you so.

8 comments:

  1. Your inspiring post this morning was my breakfast. Thanks for sharing. And your farm looks so inviting. I can almost feel the chill in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mornings. I am watching the sun come up right now! Enjoyed your post. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen~what a great post.
    Hope you have a wonderful day~maybe we will see our first snow flake today. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mornings until I get on Rt C and drive in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for lettin' us stroll along with you on your peaceful walk. I adore early mornings when it's just me and God...and the critters of course. I'm never really alone on the Ponderosa.

    Yep, we truly luck out with God didn't we...He love us no matter what.

    Ya'll have a most marvelously blessed day!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat pictures! I've missed the early mornings for the last few years. It's been hard to adjust after sleeping in (I used to work a second shift) but I'm slowly getting adjusted. While not really fond of colder weather, the early morning frosts are pretty, tho! I need to get back to walking, how long does it take you to walk 3 miles?

    Have a great day,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read that chapter just yesterday, and it really is wonderful. It is indeed of His mercy we are not consumed - certainly nothing to do with what we deserve! I was listening to a sermon on my ipod today and the minister told of one time he was in an elevator, and thought he'd speak to the lady beside him. He said, 'Lovely day - it's good we don't get what we deserve'. She said, 'My mama always said, 'anything above ground is the mercy of God''
    She was right!
    Wonderful photos, by the way x

    ReplyDelete
  8. great words, and I'm not a morning person either!

    ReplyDelete