Monday, December 10, 2012

Grayson . . . . .

Since I started this little blog o' mine a few years ago, I have been so blessed to "meet" some amazing friends.  Friends that, although we have never met in person, I feel like I KNOW.

And I am blessed to be able to share a tiny portion of their lives through their blog, just like I share my life, with you.

Well, today, I wanna share a little bit about my blogging buddy Elizabeth, and her precious son, Grayson.

Isn't he HANDSOME????


I mean, just look at that face, and those eyes.  Wow!

Grayson, just turned two, and he lives in Texas with his mom and dad, and his soon to be born baby brother or sister.  Yes, Grayson's parents are expecting baby number two soon!



Now this is where the story of Grayson gets a little tough.  Because, you see, Grayson, is a very ill little boy.  He has Mitochondrial Disease.  I have to admit, before I came across Elizabeth's blog, Snips, Snails and Puppy Dog Tales, I had never heard of Mitochondrial Disease.  And I won't try to give you all the details of this disease, because I don't want to tell you something incorrect.  But I can tell you that at two years old Grayson doesn't sit up on his own, he doesn't walk, he doesn't take food by mouth.

In September of this year, Grayson's parents were told that Grayson has Leigh's Disease, which is a rare form of Mitochondrial Disease.

Leigh's Disease is fatal.

There is no cure.

Most children with Leigh's Disease don't survive childhood.

Can you even imagine hearing those words from a physician about your child??

I can't. 

But Elizabeth did.

This child, this family needs our prayers, yours and mine. 

I want to ask you, right now, to stop what you are doing and pray for Grayson.  And I would further ask you to somehow, someway, remind yourself to pray for Grayson and his parents DAILY.

Pray for Grayson like you would want someone to pray if he were YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER OR GRANDCHILD.

The Bible assures us that God is a healer.  Can God heal Grayson?  Yes, I believe that with all my heart.  Will he heal Grayson?  I can't answer that, because God's ways are higher than ours.  And I trust that He has a plan for Grayson and his family.

But I can tell you that the Bible says this in James 5:13-18:

Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms. Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.

These verses tell me that our prayers make a difference.  So today, tomorrow, every single day PRAY FOR GRAYSON.  And pray with FAITH!!

I know Elizabeth would love to hear from you.  So please, "follow" her blog.  Put in on your "blogroll" so that every time you check your blog, you will see her posts and it will remind you to PRAY FOR GRAYSON.  Visit her BLOG right now, and hear all about this amazing little boy.  Write Grayson's name on a post-it note and stick it on your refrigerator, on your Bible, on your bathroom mirror.

I am praying for Grayson, right now, and every single day.  Because I know I would want someone praying for him if he was mine.




4 comments:

  1. Love that kid! Did a double take when I saw your post in my feed; thought it was Elizabeth's. LOL! Definitely praying for them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh, cried reading that post. What a beautiful little boy and what amazing parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for writing this post, and for praying for G. I love how the internet gives us opportunities to meet and pray for friends from all over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You actually make it appear so easy together with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something that
    I believe I might never understand. It seems too complex and very large for me.

    I am having a look ahead for your subsequent submit, I'll attempt to get the hold of it!
    My website: tantrolinternational.com

    ReplyDelete