Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve 2012

Well here it is.  Another December 31st.  Another year gone by.

2012 was a good year.  Oh, it had its moments.  But all in all I think every year is good.

I'm another year older, my children are another year old, but all is well.

It is snowing here now, and has been snowing since this morning.  The roads are just wet, and we need the moisture so badly I am not complaining.

In this, my last post of 2012, I want to encourage each one of you to move forward in your life.  Each day brings a new opportunity to do good.  A new opportunity to be more healthy.  A new opportunity to be an encourager to those around you.  So many people let the past consume them and drag them down.  If that is you, STOP IT TODAY.  The past is the past, and yes, it can hurt.  But you can't change it.  Learn from it, and MOVE ON.  (I really don't know why I am saying this, but maybe there is one person who needs to read this today, so if its you, then, yes, I am talking to YOU!)

Each day gives us another chance to become closer to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  My wish for you is that if you already know Him, that you desire a deeper walk with Him.  And if you don't know Him, that you won't let the sun set tonight without making that most important of all decisions, accepting Jesus as your Savior.

I wish you and your family peace, and joy and love.  Make 2013 the best year of your life.  No matter what 2012 brought, it is behind you, so leave it there.

I'm not much for resolutions, they seem to fade quickly.  But today, take stock of your life.  Try to look at yourself objectively and see what you need to keep on doing, and what you need to let go of. 

I'm not where I need to be, but I'm better than I was.

Thanks to each one of you who read this little blog.  You all mean the world to me, and I pray for you and your families.

May God bless you and yours.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

1 comment: