Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Thankful Heart and THRIVE!!!

I do a lot of praying in the shower.  No, I really do.  It's quiet, I'm alone, I think the shower is a great place to pray. 

So this morning I started praying for all of my family (which I do every day), praying for the son of a co-worker who had surgery yesterday.  Praying for the sons of two ladies whose blogs I follow (both boys are named Grayson and I'm sure their mamas would appreciate your praying for healing for them too).  Praying, praying praying.  I mean, we're supposed to pray about everything, right??  The Bible says in I Thessalonians 5:17  Pray without ceasing.

And as I was praying this morning, the thought came into my mind "why don't you give thanks for what you have before you pray for what you need."

Wow.

So I started praising God, thanking Him for my husband and my kids, for my parents, for my sisters and their families.  I thanked Him for my house and for my job and for the beautiful sunrise this morning.  I thanked Him for health, and for being so good to me when I don't deserve any of it.

And I thanked Him for salvation, and for the promise of eternal life.

I'm still praying today.  I'm still praying for everything I started praying about this morning.

But I'm PRAISING too.  

And I bet, if you think about it, you have much to be thankful for as well.  And I know that God loves to hear us say thank you. 

If you have a moment, click on the video below and listen to a song that I just can't get out of my head lately. It's called THRIVE by one of my favorite groups, Casting Crowns:


Have a blessed day!!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how many times I've prayed as I drive out our long drive way!

    Love your post,

    Blessings
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Years of praying with a Moms in Touch group taught me to focus on Praise first (for who God is), Forgiveness second, Thanksgiving third, and requests last. I really like that pattern and it seems to have stuck with me.

    Love this, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a good word. YES..... Praise Him FIRST! And how much we have to praise Him for! I often think of the simple words of the song,
    'Count your blessings,
    name them one by one,
    and it will surprise you
    what the Lord has done"

    And when I do ... count my blessing ... they really are innumerable. And immeasurable!

    Thanks for this reminder :)
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete