Friday, May 2, 2014

The Last Day

Today is my son's last day of college.  Ever.

Today he gives his final presentation in class.

And next Saturday he will walk across a stage in a navy blue cap and gown and walk off the stage a college graduate.

I am beyond proud.

And beyond sad because I miss him already.

He is moving out of our house this weekend.  He has gone to college locally and lived at home the past 3 years, but he has recently purchased a house, and by this time next week he will be living on his own.

There will only be 3 plates on the supper table from now on.

No more doing his laundry.

No more waiting up to make sure he's home. 

I know every parent goes through this in their life.  My head tells me that.

But my heart sure doesn't realize that. 

I miss him already.




1 comment:

  1. Congrats to your son!! Hugs for you, Mom!! (such an adorable little boy who grew into a handsome young man!) -Tammy

    ReplyDelete