Monday, July 24, 2017

Houston Was HOT

We are home from Houston, Texas and boy was it HOT.  I mean, it is hot in Missouri.  We have high temperatures . . . over 100 degrees . . . and we have high humidity . . . . but Houston is just a sauna.  Always happy to see it in my rear view mirror!



Mom's appointments at MD Anderson went well.  The scan shows NO NEW TUMORS!!! HOORAY!!!!!  But, the one remaining tumor has started to grow again.  Which, while not surprising, is a reminder of the long road we are on.  So, the plan is for mom to take another 3 or 4 chemotherapy treatments beginning in a couple of weeks so she can continue to get stronger (she is better every day!!!!!), and then after those treatments we will go back to Houston (maybe it will be cooler by then) for new scans, and then they will use radiation to kill that tumor.  They had originally planned to do an ablation, but the risk of infection is relatively high and they aren't willing to take the risk, so radiation it is.  We aren't sure if they will give her 5 fairly high doses of radiation, or 25 small doses of radiation given over 5 weeks, which would mean 5 weeks in Houston, Texas.

Mom did have some fluid around her right lung, and they drained that fluid off Thursday morning.  The doctor did not seem overly concerned, but the fluid is being tested right now to see if there are any cancer cells in the fluid.  I ASK THAT YOU AGREE WITH US IN PRAYER FOR NO CANCER CELLS IN THAT FLUID!!!  We should get a call tomorrow with the results and we are expecting a good report.

My cousin Cammi had her surgery (bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction) a week ago today and everything went GREAT.  Thank you all so very much for praying for her.  We continue to pray for her complete healing in Jesus name!!! Have I mentioned lately how much I hate cancer??

Thank you all so much for all the prayers.  I know they reach our Lord.  And while I don't understand why any of this is happening, I trust Him.  Please pray for my mom, Donna, anytime the Lord brings her to your mind.  As I've said before, this is a long road, and we are weary travelers.  

Blessings to you all!!  He is Lord, Lord of all. 


7 comments:

  1. Prayers for all of you. So much on this side we don't understand. But we know The Word will refresh us. So needed. It works at all times. I trust that tumor to shrink to the size of a pea! in Jesus' Name, and for a better than expected report to come. Who knows what the Lord will do for you all? He's at work on your problem. And, He hears you pray. Improvement! Rest in Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Dots" your comments are always so powerful and such an encouragement to me. It is so hard to trust when we don't "see" Him move. Faith. It is the key. I know He is working and I know He hears our prayers. I know He holds future and I know He holds my hand. Bless you dear lady!

      Delete
  2. Sweet girl, I am praying for your mother to heal , for no cancer cells in that fluid....for all of you. This has indeed been a rough road for all . May God be with you and make each of you strong. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie. I too pray daily for complete healing in Jesus name!! And I know He hears me. It has been a journey. We could not make it without the Lord. Bless you for praying!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the update. I have been praying! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Robbin- It is kind of like two steps forward and one slide back. I am sorry the tumor is growing. I will say that at her age the lower dosage radiation would probably be easier on her body but the 5 high doses would work, too. It would just be harder on her system.

    I am praying that there is no cancer cells in the lungs! God has brought her through this far so we just need Him to work on a few more little miracles now1

    Praying for your cousin, too. I am glad her procedures went well. Poor girl! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your posts. Not so much for the content (because I agree, CANCER sucks!) and I do like the updates, I love reading them because they are a great reminder. A reminder that even though we don't understand, we need to be diligent and trusting because there is a reason. I hope I'm making sense.

    ReplyDelete