Friday, February 26, 2010

Honesty

I would like to come to you today as I usually do, with words of encouragement and cheer, or at least something funny to share.  But if I am honest with you, my friends, today I need your prayers.

Do you ever feel like the devil has you in his sights?  I mean, feel like you have a big target on your back?  Well, that is how I feel today.  Over the past couple of weeks I have been dealing with some health issues.  It appears anything serious has been ruled out, thank you Father, but, I am waiting on final test results.  I am believing God for complete healing.  My mother-in-law had surgery earlier this week, and my husband and I had to take her to the ER last night to check out some complications.  Again, thank God, the doctors didn't feel it was serious and we were able to take her home.  And just this morning, my husband had to take our son to the doctor.  Evidently, while he was in weight class, the weight lifting bar slipped from his hand and hit him in the mouth.  Needless to say that in the collission of the bar and his teeth and his lip, the teeth and bar won.  The doctor didn't put stitches in his lip because he said it would heal better without them, no teeth were broken and he is at home with an ice pack on his mouth.   I praise God that he wasn't more seriously injured.  Hallelujah.

Ladies, I would ask you that you lift me and my family in prayer today.  It seems the enemy is on the attack but I know that greater is HE that is in me than he that is in the world (I John 4:4).  I stand upon every promise God gave me.  That I am more than a conqueror thru Him (Romans 8:37).  That while in the world I will have trouble, I can be of good cheer because MY SAVIOR has overcome the world (John 16:33).

I know that these are not words on a page.  They are promises.  Heavenly promises that we have because we belong to Him.  I love Him so, and I know that He will strengthen me through this time of attack.

So today I come to you honestly in need of your prayers.  Please lift my family before the throne as I stand on II Corinthians 4:8-9 which says "troubled on every side, yet not distressed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed."

The Bible tells us to pray one for another, to bear each others burdens.  Well, today I have shared my burden with you.  I know that God is in control, and that He will make something good out of every circumstance in my life if I will only put it all at His feet.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your prayers.

7 comments:

  1. Sending prayers up for you and your family right at this moment. We went through some scary times the past few weeks. Thank God - all is fine. It truly IS darker just before the dawn. Things will get better for you. I just know it.
    -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robbin, you are a faithful servant of Christ, a wonderful daughter, grandaughter, niece, cousin, friend, sister and not to forget an amazing mother and wife. I don't know why this is all coming down on your shoulders right now but I do not question any of it, I only praise God that all 3 of the situations are not life threatning or altering. If you have to take a pill once a day, big deal. Bobette and Cole have a bit of a scar, well I believe scars are the artwork of our life. The memories on our skin. I have a story to tell on just about every part of my body, from childbirth to playing with matches when I wasn't suppose to and cracking walnuts with Dad's pocket knife. OUCH. As we all deal with the problems of life, I just give him thanks for you and the rest of my family, for my health and the health of my family, the relationship that I have with God the father. I have heard you say a 100 times.....it wont matter in a hundred years anyway. The truth is, doesn't really matter now. I love you Robbin!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lifting you and your family in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your family are in my thoughts today. I know life isn't easy and we aren't always smiling but know that people are thinking of you and thinking good thoughts that you will be healthy, that your mother in law will heal and your son too. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. God hears your prayers, my friend and so do your followers. I've been going through some tough times myself and my bff has been there for me with prayer and scripture, and the last thing she told me was to listen to worship and praise music. I had been doing this and told her of the amazing songs that have poured out on the radio, seemingly just for me!!! Then...I heard Amy Grant's new song, hallelujah. AMAZING!! Talks about how our heartfelt cries are better than a hallelujah sometimes and how true it is! Give a listen, remeber I'm praying for you and never forget how faithful and powerful our awesome God is!!!
    Blessings!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers to you and your family. I hope all is a little better today for you and the family. Sometimes it seems like it all hits at the same time doesn't it? I know prayer works and it looks like you have a lot of support here on your blog and probably in "real" life too...a reason to be thankful for sure.

    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete